Thursday, April 12, 2012

Blogging


Over half of the people who have stopped by this blog page were using Firefox. Mac's Safari comes in second at 19%... Internet explorer, once the only dog in the woods sniffs around a distant third. Chrome is neck and neck with IE. That's right. Mobile Safari gives Mac another boost with 4%. Never heard of Mobile Safari. But then, there are a lot of things I have never heard of. Tons of popular technologies I have no experience with what-so-ever.

This free blog for instance technically blows my mind. Did you know I have had 16 page views from Russia? Didn't think so. I didn't either until I found a tab marked "stats" on my internal behind the scenes blogger instrument panel!

That's not all. I have more intriguing facts: The browsering system Opera came in with one percent of my viewing audience. I'm vaguely familiar with that name. Vaguely. Like, not really. But how about you? Have you heard of the NS8 browser? Because TWO people from somewhere on this planet surfed my turf with NS8. They might have been from Qatar. Three of my worldly web-surfers were. Or Germany, France, Australia...Who knows? Perhaps you're pretty worldly and you whisper to yourself, "Oh yeah, I'm familiar with NS8..." Well, how about Konqueror or SeaMonkey? Because those engines are bringing eyes and minds to the light, Searching for Sparks also. Chances are they didn't stay long. I know my attention span is pretty short these virtual days.

These are the days of the wild cyber frontier. Unlimited possibilities and space for everyone. The frightened and greasy Dark Lords of Infinite Economic Growth haven't spoiled this apple yet. Rejoice.

Whoever you are, from where ever you hail, huge, galactic, virtual, curious and spirited greetings to you. Really. And thanks to the Googles of minds and bodies that make this technical playground available to me. For free.

No comments:

Post a Comment