Monday, March 12, 2012

Week End, Weakened


I spend what time I have available at the drawing board or standing at the easel but it's not enough. Too much relearning and getting back into the zone. The zone is not an easy place to find if you don't put in the requisite time. So I talk dirt on other painters, dead ones and local ones, rereading my words and feeling taller in my chair until I visit their website: good paintings there. Even small JPEGS which are often easy to dismiss. The evidence was evident: the painter had done their homework. Put in their time. Black feathers chew terribly, leave a foul and bitter taste. 
Balance is a bitch. Compromise is compromising.
Maybe next time it will be more successful. Something to show worth showing.
On the other hand, my garbage is decorated with spent minutes and thoughtfully applied graphite. Quite impressive from a glance. Here I am prolific.

No comments:

Post a Comment